Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Do you have any regrets coming to UTAR?

During class, I got an interesting message from someone I do not know.


She send me a message and said this " hi, i have enrolled in UTAR recently but at the same time i have heard many bad news about UTAR too. For example, the lecturers are not good, the clubs and societies are not active and many more. Can you tell me your experience in UTAR?"

Then I asked her back , "What's the reason for you to enrol in UTAR then?"


She said "Fees are cheap !"

Then , I gave my super long answer , you guys can give opinions to what I have said , this is just my personal point of view


"
Before anything said and done, I'm here not to pijak UTAR, and not to promote UTAR, I'm just giving my own personal opinion.

Yeah, you were right about the stuffs you have said.
SOME lecturers are not good, MOST clubs and societies are not active, canteen food really terrible especially Setapak , always not enough car park space, facilities not complete (for KL campus, Kampar campus quite complete) , the computer very jialat, and the internet speed really terrible.. and some staffs attitude really tak boleh tahan..Anyway what i said all that is to KL campus, not Kampar campus.

Actually , if you ask me about any regrets coming to UTAR, to be honest,




I have no regrets.




Sometimes it's not the school that is the problem , sometimes it's the student who is the problem. I mean to make your Uni life more interesting , you have to play the role to make things interesting.

If you have great friends around but u nv mix with them, you'll say that the the life there is boring.
If you have great lecturers around but u nv listen to him/her, you'll say that the lecturers are bad, or you blame them when you get very bad results.
Anyway I'm not saying that all lecturers are good, or bad, I'm just saying we have to be flexible to what is happening around us. Lecturers are not teachers, they are not here to teach us or spoon-fed us (I still feel they are spoon-feeding us anyway), they are just here to guide us.




Uni is very different than primary and secondary school, you are responsible of your own results , and you are responsible for all the actions.

No matter what, UTAR is consider a new born baby among all Universities, so in a lot of cases, things are still growing.


I also heard people complaining about their own Unis , like MMU and INTI , even sometimes I heard Sunway and Taylors, so there's never a perfect school.

It depends on the purpose of you coming to this Uni,
The employment rate out from UTAR is quite high , I think around 95% of students got their 1st job 6 months after graduating.
The people around that I met here are great, sometimes there will be fights and unease among people, but I think that happens everywhere.

And yeah~ You will have lots of exams and assignments around to make your life really busy.

But what I wanna say is, sometimes it's very hard to change the surroundings, we just have to be very flexible and TRY to make things better around us.

One of the main reason I choose UTAR is because of the fees too, and I think this reason applies to like...more than 80% of the students coming here..hahaha..

Anyway this is my point of view, I didn't really answer very directly, but I hope it answers some of your questions. Anything please contact me again ^^ "







So what do you guys think of this reply ?

12 comments:

  1. arr yes, students never get tired with complaining. actually they should be glad for there is such a UTAR for them to enrol. like you said, go any college there will be the same problems but with higher expenses they couldnt afford. well i think some UTAR students still think they are in the secondary.

    Jac

    ReplyDelete
  2. For public's information, UTAR is a private university, hence the fees is NOT cheaper than any other local private universities. Not to mention the services they get is all no frills education. I still remember how the security supervisor told me after an incident that student are not paying for the security and protection, hence the guards can do whatever they like, including 'ajar' a student with brute force. If you call this a good university, I believe that you did not do any research before this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YA!! Strongly agree... I want to say, "I HAVE NO REGRET ENROLL IN UTAR". It changed my life. I heard friends said about terrible things happened in pubic Uni and they learned little as I do. Yeah, UTAR is a good Uni for me actually, I had learned alot here. >.<

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shall not regret entering UTAR.

    ..but I cant help but to say I am very dissatisfied.

    I think its alryt to complain, as long as u did yer part to change the situation. I did, but realized how difficult it is to even attempt that alone. The university should take action when they see SO MUCH of complains coming out from the same issues.

    I agree with u saying that the people is a factor contributing to quality university life.

    We, who studied for more than a year here, notice the trend and culture:
    1) UTARians are generally demotivated when it comes to non-academic stuff (eg clubs, competition, workshop etc)
    2) SRC do not represent the student body (in fact idk if they even have the power to make small changes)
    3) UTAR is very stringent to give support to her students. I felt that character development is minimal.

    okay I may be a lil exaggerating the situation n saying things w/o the facts but that's generally how I feel bout UTAR.

    I think, if u juz wanna come in and end up with a cert, it perfectly fine in UTAR. The courses here are good (considering the price), and as u mentioned, WE are the ones responsible for our studies.

    UTAR has utterly failed my expectation of an university in almost all aspect. (probably bcuz of my initial high expectation of an university) Now Im immune to this constant disappointment. lol

    But I will not regret as this 3 yrs stil contributes to my life. I dun wanna leave UTAR feeling like a junk that keeps regretting bout his past.

    Btw, Im speaking from my experience in UTAR PJ CAMPUS. Situation in other campuses are unclear to me.

    Peace out

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello MrAnnonymous-above-this post,
    I agree with what you have said, no regrets but there is dissatisfaction.

    Hmm.. one thing you mention is about character development , UTAR didn't really give much about character development, however I think my character is built at UTAR, maybe it just part of growing, maybe is the people I mix around, and I think everyone should take their own initiative.

    Hi Adrian,
    Haha.. 1st I would like to state that I never mention that this is a good university, I think you can't find this 2 words comes together.
    And yes, fees are OF COURSE more expensive than local, den you have to think of a reason why you and your friends are enrolling at UTAR already.
    And trust me, although I may not know EVERYTHING happens in UTAR like the security stuffs thing, I know much more compare to a lot of UTAR students , haha~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dropping by your blog from..erm..facebook? haha
    Anyways, nice write-up, Guan Han! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha..agree..bad or not is all depend on us =) if utar student utar lapsap y him/herself stil studying here...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Guan Han , I was wandering to choose UTAR as my choice...first, the reason I study there, because I want to study in an environment like university.I mean I want to be a da xue sheng, living da xue sheng's live, what would u suggest about this? is Spoonfeeding a serious cultural here?
    and is it most of the Kampar UTArian are not motivated?

    ReplyDelete
  9. PERMANENT DOCTOR NEEDED - URGENT !!!

    We are Owner and Operator a General Practice (GP) Clinic in Bandar Sungai Long, Bangi and Putrajaya (Presint Diplomatik - Klinik Pakar KASIH).

    We are looking for a dedicated Medical Officer Requirements at Bandar Sungai Long Clinic:-
    Lady doctor
    MBBS or equivalent from a recognized institution approved by Ministry of Health Malaysia
    Possess valid Annual Practicing Certificate
    Registered with Malaysia Medical Council
    Minimum 2 years working experience in Obstetric & Gynecology
    Attended an Obstetric Life Saving Skill
    Attended A Neonatal Resuscitation Program
    Working hours negotiable with minimum on-call
    Very attractive salary

    Kindly please send to recommend CV to: aznial@gmail.com

    Clinic information:-

    PUSAT RAWATAN SUNGAI LONG
    NO. 12 JALAN SL 1/13
    BANDAR SUNGAI LONG
    43000 KAJANG
    SELANGOR

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Blog, thank you for sharing
    programming assignments help
    is the best assignment help provider in the United Kingdom.
    Our Computer Programming Assignment Help
    UK is especially dedicated for the students studying in all UK colleges and universities. Submit assignment to get the best quality assignment help.
    computer network assignment help Object Oriented Programming database assignment help

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...